Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Everyone Looks Out For Themselves!

I'm in the process of planning a Portfolio Review Day for graphic design students. In order to have their portfolios reviewed, I need reviewers! To get experienced professionals in the design community to participate in this event (without paying them), I had to put myself in their shoes. Why would they want to take four hours out of their busy schedule to participate in this event

That's when I realized that they might be looking for interns for their companies. What employer wants to go through the resume and interview process? So...when I reached out to the reviewers, who are also employers, I said that this event will give them the opportunity to look for talented interns for their company, without the hassle. Worked like a charm! I have ten reviewers from six different companies scheduled and all I have to pay for is lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment